Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Breast Implants

I hate giving bad gifts. I can't stand being the guy who gives a present that doesn't have thought behind it. Gift cards aren't my thing. I rarely, if ever, choose something off of a registry. That being said, after four years of dating, I still hotly debated whether I wanted to give my girlfriend the gift I thought she would like most for her birthday. No, not an engagement ring. I didn't know if I actually had the guts to buy her breast implants.

She's not your average girlfriend. Jennie is almost six feet tall. She wears a size two on the days she is feeling fat. Her legs go all day. Wearing a bikini for her is insulting, she prefers clothing optional beaches and never partakes in the clothing option. Let's be honest, I have a good job but am no model. I'm just plain out of my league hanging with her.

In any event, as couples do, we share most everything. She knows most of my past, the areas that I am confident in, my future goals, and many of the things that make me uncomfortable. I know that she loves attention. She is the life of the party. She's also loyal and drop-dead gorgeous. She too has demons and a past, but who doesn't?

It certainly doesn't come up every day, but after we've showered together, or spent time in the hot tub, or gone on a romantic trip, occasionally she mentions her B-cups with disdain. Trust me, I am not complaining. However, she has talked about breast implants before and I know she's interested in them. Would they be a better present than a piece of jewelry?

Since I really didn't want to mess up a great relationship by buying an insulting gift, I consulted my two closest female friends Carrie and Lynn. We had lunch one day and I mentioned getting Jennie breast implants. I was shocked when they both thought it was a great idea. They listed all the stupid gifts boyfriends had bought them and how this was something that would enhance who they were aesthetically and from a confidence standpoint. Lynn told me she was a different person since she got her breast implants.

I did all the research and found a trusted doctor that had tons of good references. I arranged for a time and date that would work in Jennie's schedule. After her birthday dinner I told her of the gift. She was thrilled beyond belief. A few months after the surgery she is even more stunning than before. We're getting married next year. Sometimes you have to go for the gusto with gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment